We’re having a big thunderstorm this afternoon. Before this, the weather had been good enough for the past few weeks that much of the free time I might have spent blogging about the Little Rental House was instead spent building it. This is one of the reasons things have been so quiet here lately. The other is that I sank a whole lot of time into a long, detailed post about rainwater collection, which still isn’t finished, and so what writing I have done hasn’t gotten published. I promise, I’ll get that one out soon.
In the mean time, a little status update:
- The basement slab was poured on Aug 5th.
- I now have all five of the I-beam floor supports in place and bolted down (the photo below only shows the first two).
- The 1″ insulation around the basement walls is about 60% finished, but has slowed down because I’ve found I need to clamp the boards in place while gluing, and I only built one clamp apparatus.
- I’ve measured, cut, and started mounting the stringers for the basement stairs.